Monday, January 25, 2010

The Clock Ticks and the Time Flies

    The clock ticks and the time flies. One by one we all change, no eraser for the years. Face, hair, eyes and heart all bear the scars of days forever gone. The people we meet, the conversations we have, the books we read al shape us into the person we see in the mirror.
    The clock ticks and the time flies and with it we step another step closer to the grave. What lies beyond, only some of us know. The One who waits above, only some of us have. And though all must fall, only some will in adoration. Some must fall in horror.
    The clock ticks the the time flies. Only One remains the same. His hands still scarred, He reaches out for us to grab ahold. I have grabbed and He has held. Wind, storm, tempest have battered and yet He holds me close. Screaming, fighting, kicking but still He doesn't let go. I love you, child He whispers when I plug my ears and scream. I chose you, child He says when I cut open His wounds once more.
           The clock might tick and the time might fly 
           but I will never leave or forsake you. 
           My love continues and My blood will cleanse you. 
           Sun or clouds, raw pain or joy you'll always be in My arms. 
           And though these days scar you 
           and your sobs echo in the darkness, 
           I hold you with Me in all these days. 
    The clock ticks and the time flies, I harden and He breaks. The Cross before me, I struggle on. Tripping, falling, bruising, failing His tender hands grab ahold. My discipline you will love, and My chastening you shall desire. His voice rings in my ears and I continue to live. All because the clock ticks and the time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment