Friday, October 9, 2009

Only Jesus!

As I'm listening to Sovereign Grace's "Only Jesus" I am stricken by the truth of these words, and their depth. In the midst of this chaotic life when this world is bombarding us with various kinds of temptations, does my soul truly cling tightly to Jesus? Do I cry for Jesus, and only Him or am I desiring a little bit of this and a little bit of that and maybe at the end of the day a little bit of Jesus? It is very easy to fall into the trap of today's liberal Christianity and try to compromise our way through the narrow path set by Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour. But here is a truth that will never fade:

compromising on "little" things will keep keep you from radical christianity


http://www.evangelicallutheransynod.org/evangelism/newsletterarchive/2008evnewsletters/evgraphics/08_graphics/ev_scales_7_08.jpg


like paul says in romans 12... "Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewel of your mind so that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

Desire Jesus, only Jesus. Renew your mind daily on your complete and total dependence on Him and cling tight to the Cross on which He demonstrated His love for you! A truth which God has opened to me is that the only way the things of this world can grow dim in my sight is if Jesus grows larger and brighter in my sight, heart, mind. And the only way that can be true is if we pursue Him in prayer, in His Word, in worship.

may this quote ring true in all our lives: "My dear Jesus, my Savior, is so deeply written in my heart, that I feel confident, that if my heart were to be cut open and chopped to pieces, the name of Jesus would be found written on every piece." -St. Ignatius of Antioch

No comments:

Post a Comment